Pages

Saturday, January 4, 2014

2013 Snowqualmie Falls - Walk

What shall we do?  have you ever heard that first thing in the morning or got the question out before being asked it.  Well if you are anything like our family the answer is a resounding YES. 

That was the question on a cold December morning.  There was a heavy frost outside and I remembered two things.  Ok, very funny, yes remembering two things at once is a stretch but on this particular morning I managed it.

1st, when the Falls are frozen up it looks spectacular.
2nd, dogs are now allowed on the path down to the falls.

Bingo, we could take the dogs for a walk somewhere different and I could get in a bit of photography.


The falls were indeed spectacular


This is not snow but ice formed from the spray off of the falls - how cool is that
 
On the way down I snapped a picture of the Sun though the trees
 
Than at the bottom I was treated to a study of water and ice




Whilst my girls patently put up with me crawling across rocks, and did not complain once about how cold it was, ok maybe once but I deserved it :)


 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment