Pages

Monday, January 5, 2015

2014 - 2015 Christmas and New Year

As I mentioned in my "Golfers Elbow" post the holiday period has been a mixed bag and that means there where good times to be had and have them we did.

We picked up our tree from the tree farm we have been going to since living here just after Thanks Giving.  It was great to be able to go get it together and it marked the start of the holiday season.

A trip to see Mary Poppins was an opportunity to get dressed up and take a trip down memory lane. Along with the Wizard of OZ Mary Poppins was a holiday favorite that truth to be told I started to avoid a good number of years ago.  So I was not initially thrilled at the thought of seeing it live but the enthusiasm of my fabulous wife soon rubbed off and I was looking forward to the show.  I was not disappointed, it was a fun and engaging spectacle with a good amount of artistic license that Sarah was quick to point out.  I even found myself singing alone, albeit quietly, no sense in scaring people now.

We took our next door neighbors and good friends to see a local production of "It's a wonderful life" performed in the manner of a 50's radio show.  As a favorite story of ours it was fun to see the performance at a local school.  The evening was rounded off with a pumpkin spice late made without milk or coffee and was quite the creation.

Christmas Eve we took a trip into Seattle and wandered Pike Place Market.  The trip was a life saver for me as up until then I was unable to find the present I wanted for Sarah and was afraid I would fail in my mission.  The stars however aligned and I found the perfect presents just in time. 


Christmas was a day for togetherness as our small family enjoyed each others company and the gift of being able to spend it together.  The girls managed to destroy there presents in under 5 minutes flat.

Our friends next door cooked up a slap up and fancy meal to celebrate the holiday and in our best bib and tucker we went round for an evening of good food and company.  Not sure about the bow tie but it was a talking point.

We caught up with some old friends we have not seen in years and spent time with some new friends. and saw the New Year in quietly at home to fireworks from Seattle on the TV.  It was a cold night and I did not envy those that had to fight there way out of Seattle.

We had planned to join some friends camping over the New Year but did not feel up to risking a long drive with golfers elbow and my current state of health so we opt'ed for a one night camp out on Bremerton Island at Manchester State park and that is a story all of its own so look out for the post.

At the weekend our tree and the holidays got taken down and packed away marking the end of the holiday session and the beginning of a great new year.

No comments:

Post a Comment