Pages

Monday, January 5, 2015

Injury Recovery Part 38 - Golfers Elbow

I hope you had a wonderful holiday period.  The holiday period has been a mixed bag of feelings and emotions as the recovery journey continues and to be honest I have not felt much like writing about them as I really wanted everything to be perfect.  It is funny how long it takes to realize that things are already perfect and to stop thinking about it and just get on with enjoying the gift of life.   You see yo yoing is just part of who we are and every day brings us new challenges large and small.  It is how we choose to deal with them that matters.

I am continually being educated and humbled by my recovery and forced to accept that recovering from a serious injury happens in layers, takes time and dealing with setbacks is par for the course.

It has been a bit of a "so what's next" period with a definite desire not to find out at times.  During my recovery exercises a few weeks back I started to notice my right arm aching.  I did not pay too much attention to it but as the weeks went by the ache did not go away until the nagging pain started to play on my mind.  With a concern it might be a blood clot I went to see the doctor.  I received the good news it was not a blood clot but the surprising and somewhat disappointing news that I had Golfers Elbow the companion to Tennis Elbow, and I don't even play golf.  Golfers elbow is a repetitive strain injury (RSI) and it is unclear what brought it on. 

Talk about frustrating, first my tooth causes delays in recovery, then low back pain and now golfers elbow.  As you can imagine it is hard to maintain a positive attitude when you take 1 step forward and 3 steps back, that is until I re-balance myself with a simple statement "Today is a gift, if things had gone differently I would not be here today".  Then the simple fact that I am here and able to enjoy time with Sarah, family and friends brings everything into perspective.

Golfers elbow is just another hill to climb and overcome.

Whatever hills you have to climb I wish you awesome success in 2015 and remember to Max Life Out.

No comments:

Post a Comment