Pages

Sunday, March 8, 2015

Injury Recovery Part 40 - It Just Happens

Taking the next step is sometimes calculated and other times it just happens.  Today was one of those "it just happens" days.  It is then a matter of keeping your fingers crossed and paying attention to your body in the hope that all went well.

With the clocks going forward and the sun shining, I did what any self respecting person does on a Sunday.  I slept in.  With a late start to the day and feeling apathetic I seriously considered hitting the trainer rather than going to all the effort of putting the bike on the truck, getting myself ready and going for a ride.  After all, was 40 minutes really worth all the effort.  Sad to say but that is what went through my mind.

Thankfully, I was able to talk myself into the effort, after all the sun was shining.  Just a quick side note to talk to my fellow cyclist's in shorts and T-shirts.  Just because the sun is shinning does not mean it is warm .  It made me cold just watching the number of peeps out today dressed for the 70's and 80's, whilst I was riding in my winter kit. 

I kicked off the ride fully intending to keep a steady recovery pace and feel out my body.  20 minutes into the ride with sun shining and things feeling good I applied a little more power.  As I hit my turn around point I decided I could work a little harder.  It felt great to be challenging myself and soon I had a good pace going.  Now as paces go it would not win me any prizes but for me right there and then I felt like I was flying.   All too soon the ride was over and I changed up and spun out the last mile. 

Recovery takes effort and discipline but sometimes, just sometimes you just need to let the plan unfold.  Today was a good day.  Remember to Max Life Out (every day is a gift).





No comments:

Post a Comment