Pages

Saturday, January 9, 2016

Saturday Training Ride

During the summer when I think of the winter, I think of dark, damp and miserable days when I am longing for long summer days and warm evenings.

I need to bank memories like today and draw on them, and even, dare I say, look forward to them.  Yes it was cold but what a glorious afternoon to go for a bike ride.

One of the great things about this time of year is riding just for the sake of riding. 

The only training agenda is endurance, leaving the rest of the time open to take in the views and appreciating time with your friends.

Heading out at 1pm we missed the cold of the early morning, although a part of me regretted it as the combination of sun, mist and frost was spectacular. 

On my way to teach Foundation Training this morning I stopped at Lake Sammamish State Park to spend a minute taking in the splendor and looking forward to the ride later in the day.



Short ride video



Remember to keep in Rubber Side Down and MaxLifeOut.






No comments:

Post a Comment