Pages

Wednesday, June 1, 2016

1st Track Training Day of 2016


With the Tour of California behind me it was time to get back to the track and turn some of the endurance I have been working on into speed.  Today was an open track training day with no particular training schedule.  A good friend suggested I join them for there training session but unfortunately I missed there warm up.  I did get to jump in on a short pace line effort.  With no structured training and with no plans of my own I decided to turn the evening into an interval session and boy did my legs complain about that.  It was good to open the lungs and discover that I need to do a little brushing up after so many hours working on distance riding and climbing.

I had my support team (Sarah) there to make sure I drank and took on food.  Oh and I got to wear my Friends of Herne Hill jersey to represent the track I cut my teeth on as a school boy and junior back in England.

My next decision is whether or not to race the Ballard Crit on Saturday.  A lot will hinge on my ability to upgrade from a Cat 5 to a Cat 4.  I know those of you that know me will be saying Cat 5, but remember I did not have a UCI ranking until last year and the only UCI road race I participated in was the Redmond Derby Day.  If I can get the upgrade then there are two races I can ride but if not it hardly seems worth the effort for a 30 minute race.  I will get the category hurdle out of the way before deciding on racing or not.



Remember to keep it RubberSideDown and MaxLifeOut.

No comments:

Post a Comment