Pages

Sunday, October 27, 2013

2013 MFG #5 Marymoor Park - Cyclocross Race

Waking at 6am on a dark, cold and wet morning for a race that promises maximum exertion and oh yeah PAIN! is not something one would immediately jump to as a fun Sunday morning activity.  But for some reason the appeal of pushing your body to the limit whilst riding over bone jarring ground, plowing threw mud and doing your level best to stay up right appeals to a lot of like minded people.  Call us mad and I could not blame you because after 3 races I still don't know why I like the sport but I do. 

I found this week hard, the course was both technical and fast with sections that had more pot holes than ground (making me wish I had a gum shield in) and other sections you could put the hammer down through.  One of the most interesting sections was riding across a steep banking that required either a high or low line.  The course claimed it's fair share of crashes today with a fellow crew member having to abandon (we never like to see that happen).

The problem with riding at your threshold is that it makes thinking pretty hard to do and the result as happened to me today can be finding yourself on the ground when you least expect it.

But that said I was pleased with the ride.   I had a good start close to the front of the pack but the power to stay there is still under development.  It is great to be able to race and feel the strength coming back and as I promised my life coach I am riding for myself and enjoying the experience at the limit of my ability (ok I still look at my position and want to improve - who doesn't, don't tell her I said that). 

Hats or should I say helmets off to all the riders out today giving their all and pushing themselves to the limits on a Wet Seattle morning.

My Race (Pictures Taken by my wife and Support Team of 1) :)
She Rocks
 
Matthew Out on The Course
(Result will be publish here)
 












I even had a little left for a final Sprint

 
Mud, what Mud!! 

 
Photo's of Later Races:  There was a definite Halloween Theme going on or the fashion in cycle clothing is taking an interesting turn.

 
Mr Crampy Crew hitting the course hard






The person responsible for getting me into this mess :) (you know who you are)
Oh and Thank You


I mentioned some suspect outfits and here are a few of them
 
Oh yes he is wearing a helmet - Honest

There is just something fundamentally wrong about this picture :)
 
I will never look at fairies in the same light again
 
Yup that is ET in the basket

The last MFG race is in 2 weeks time so next week I think I might go for a mountain bike ride.  Hope you enjoyed the Pics and until next time POWER UP.

No comments:

Post a Comment