Pages

Friday, March 21, 2014

New Chapter - Just a Little Less Crazy

If you had said to me 6 months ago, Matthew in the next 5 months you are going to switch jobs, take on a new role in a new team, work long hours building reputation and understanding, ride the lows of frustration, ride the highs of changing perspective and building great senior leadership relationships, suffer disconnected management and blindsided by feedback taken out of perspective, have to fight for your reputation, then in the midst of adversity find amazing support and friendship, consider leaving full time employment to travel the US.  Run Foundation Classes and impact peoples lives, Start the build of your dream VW camper, be humbled by an entire teams vote of confidence and have to choose between, a team you have the highest respect for and who want you to join them, realize the opportunity to fulfill a life ambition of leaving full time employment to travel the US in a VW camper van or take an opportunity to help drive the accessability strategy for the company.  I honestly have no idea what I would have said to you ...  Writing this is seems surreal to me and I have just lived through it an I am closing that chapter in the next 2 weeks.

So whats next .. I decided that the opportunity to make a difference in the accessability strategy was too exciting to turn down right now and accepted the formal offer today.  So I am closing one chapter and opening another.  

If I am taught anything it is that things don't always go as planned, we learn from adversity and I have to believe that the universe puts us in situations we need to be in and sometimes the lessons are hard.  Lessons of this nature I hope are few and far between but without it I would not have the opportunity ahead, met such amazing people, re-awoken the dream of travel or even considered building our dream camper.  Even more so the realization that we could make it happen and still survive has inspired action to build the means and opportunity to make it happen in the not too distant future.  Until then I am looking forward to a new challenge, the opportunity to enjoy building our new camper not to mention using the old one to get out more and meet like minded people.    Embracing the gifts we are given in life and living the principles this blog is built upon.

Powering UP and Living Life to the Max - MAXLIFEOUT.

If you are going through your own journey I send you my support and inspiration to help you find the lesson(s) the universe is providing and to let you know that you will get through it.

You are a unique and wonderful person take strength from that fact and never forget it even when it seems hollow it is TRUE.

In closing I have to thank my wonderful wife for the support, encouragement and belief she has provided, I am truely blessed to have her in my life.









No comments:

Post a Comment