Pages

Thursday, August 15, 2013

Adventures in Life

It is always good to be reminded that life is a wonderful adventure and we are the adventurers.  In addition to developing my photography, I have been given the opportunity to connect with a great group of people with a mission to make great paddle boards right here in Seattle.  I have invested in and joined the board of "Hemel Board Company".  They are a small company with a great product and journey ahead that I look forward to being apart of. 

.

This week has been a rush.  When not working, editing pictures or supporting Hemel I have been able to get out for a yoga session a hard bike ride and a great coaching session focused on my values, phew that's a lot just writing it down but with the support of my wonderful wife it has been a lot of fun.

Yoga this week challenged my back and with the help of a great instructor we managed to relax the muscles using a combination of stretches to ensure that the minor spasm did not turn into a problem.  For those of you with back issues you know what I mean.  It is a good reminder to keep focused on strengthening and stabilizing.

I also received a lesson in limiting beliefs this week courtesy of my bike ride.  I figured out that whilst I am competitive I fear my ability to perform competitively.  It is strange identifying a limited belief especially one you have had all your life.  I was on my ride when I was passed by another rider, the first thing that went through my mind was to chase and the next thing was I will not be good enough.  Well I chased and saw that the gap was not growing, my race experience kicked in and I knew I could match the rider but still my mind told me I was not good enough.  I pegged him back and kept the gap, he looked back at me and kicked, I let him go then had a good mental talk with myself after which I changed gears and brought him back to within a couple of bike lengths on my last climb.  Even then the limiting belief kicked in and I now view it as the universe showing me how I think.  The lesson I took away was that I might not always be strong enough but letting my mind decide puts me out of the game no matter what..  The goal for next year is to compete and enjoy competing regardless of the outcome.  I know I have a journey to take and awareness is a powerful thing.

Changing the subject we had an amazing thunder storm last weekend and at around 1am in the morning I was lucky enough to take the following picture.  The power of nature is just amazing.


Yesterday we went to the movies in the park.  We grew up with the film Mary Poppins and when we found out that it was showing in the park we had to go.  Well yesterday after work I have to admit that I was not that motivated especially since it was wet.  But Sarah got everything ready so off we went, we took rain cloths, a sun shade and chairs and had a great evening watching a film that brought back memories of our childhood and xmas.  Who would have believed all those years ago that I would watch Mary Poppins in an American Park, in the rain on a warm summers evening, amazing things happen everyday.


 



Here's to life's adventures - Power up

No comments:

Post a Comment