Pages

Saturday, August 10, 2013

Pictures are Up: 2013 SUNDOG SEMIAHMOO SUP CLASSIC


For sure, sometimes things just take longer than they should and this week was one of those times.  I have been reviewing 1200+  pictures and it took all week to shrink in down to a final count of 740.

Part of this weeks journey has been working with the Smugmug site that I upgraded from a power user account to a professional account so that I could share the pictures and allow you to purchase prints from a one stop shop. 

Like all good plans their are hidden speed bumps and I hit a few this week.  The watermark I was using could not be removed when a print was purchased and I was unhappy with the web viewing size which was limited to medium to enable a right click download of a low res image.  So I rolled up my sleeves and sorted it out (I hope).

Changes:  I have disabled the right click function but enabled the ability to down load a low res image with a personal user license and no watermark for Blogs etc at a minimal cost of $0.60 an image.  Smugmug includes a $0.50 one time charge so if you buy more than one image you are only charged the $0.50.  I know it's not free but it helps me limit my costs and maybe one day make a little profit - hey a man can dream you know.  The good news is that I have now enabled pictures to be viewed on the site as XLarge which I think you will enjoy.   If you have questions don't hesitate to reach out to me.

Up Coming Events I Plan on Covering

8/24 - Vancouver SUP Challenge
9/8 - Round the Rock

If you are wondering I had intended to cover the Naish Columbia Gorge Challenge but I was late contacting the organizer and they have photography covered. It is too far to risk not being able to get a good shooting angle.  But I am always open if things change.  If you are heading down this week, good luck and Paddle like it matters - I will be there is spirit cheering you on :)

Let me know if their are other events you would like me to shoot, I am always up for a challenge.


Alright enough talking here is the link to the pictures - Enjoy

(Please buy one to help cover the hospital bill for the blisters on my fingers after all the editing this week)

No comments:

Post a Comment