Pages

Thursday, November 6, 2014

Recovery Injury Part 24 - Tough Day, Better Day

11 weeks to the day and it is great to be back at work and the time away gave me time to reflect on the amazing opportunities I have and the great people I work with.  Don't get me wrong not all of them are great but the key is not to focus on them but to focus on those that matter and most importantly to show up as the best person I can be.  How's that for a philosophical start to the post....

The second week back has been more tiring than week one and yesterday was a tough day.  I had a great time at work catching up on the Eye Gaze Hackathon project but by the time I got home I was officially cooked.  I did not want to do anything except crash out on the sofa and watch mindless TV.  Oh yes I had to wrestle with the guilt of not doing my exercises but as I mentioned in my last post you have to listen to your body and thankfully I had Sarah on hand to remind me to do just that and not push myself.  I still felt bad, but I got over it.

Then after an extremely exhausting evening blobbing out on the Sofa I was rewarded with a restless night dreaming about campers and the beach but not in the vacation or relaxing way you might think.  Just like dreams to take things and twist them around.  Suffice to say it was good to wake up.

Better day today which started with a soak followed by exercises, it always feels good to get them out of the way early.  Set up for the day I was able to catch up on some work projects, have lunch with a friend, catch up with my team mates and talk as a guest speaker about the Hackathon win to help inspire others to address Accessibility in software development.  I call that a good day.  I finished the afternoon with a PT visit.  No surprises my muscles are still tight and not all of them are firing.  We worked on turning muscles on which was far less exciting than it sounds.

So in summary, the back and neck motion is improving slowly.  The teeth are still an issue.  I really need to go have them looked at but to be honest I just don't want to be poked about any more so I am putting up with the problem and hoping that they will take care of themselves.  I know the likely hood is slim and I need to call the dentist.  OK Tomorrow I will call.

Hoping for better dreams tonight and wishing you amazing dreams - Maxlifeout

No comments:

Post a Comment