Pages

Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Injury Recovery Part 27 - Slow Day

You regularly get to the point when you just want to be done with the aches and pains and today was one of those days.  Getting a good night sleep is critical to maintaining good moral and the last few nights have been far from good.   I was hopeful that last night would be better but unfortunately not.  It's not that the pain is acute it is a creeping ache that comes on and causes me to wake up at regular intervals throughout the night leaving me feeling like I have jet lag in the morning.

The lack of sleep lowers my motivation and it left me very reluctant to exercise today, I knew it would be good for me but just getting started was a struggle.  I gave myself a good talking too then hit the mat and bike but I did dial it back to make sure I did not overdo things.  As always I felt a little better at the end, I just wish I could capture that feeling for the start.

Motivation aside I got to catch up with friends I have not see for a while at lunch which was great and overall progress is continuing although the verdict is still out on my teeth.  I am optimistic they are a little better.   Optimism does not cost anything right.

My next job is to take my exercises to the next level, so there is a bit of planning in my future as long as I can get a good night sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment