Pages

Friday, June 28, 2013

Healthly Garden Party

What a beautiful day in Seattle.  The weather hit the mid to late 80's and a perfect day for an office moral event at our house.  My work team came over and Sarah and I served up a healthy alternative to normal BBQ fare.

One of the challenges we faced with the change in our diet outside of eliminating  common foods such as bread was the concern that food could be interesting and dare I say tasty.  Well I can tell you it can be and today we served up a healthy meal to 11+ people who do not follow the same style of eating we do.  Here is what was on the menu.

Pulled Pork with Salsa Verde
Spaghetti Squash with coconut oil
Greek Salad
Avocado & Salsa
85% Dark Chocolate dipped Strawberries and Banana
 
Guests Brought
 
Grilled Vegetables
Broccoli Salad
Fruit Salad
 
Sorry I did not take a picture of the full meal but here is a picture from later when we had some left overs.  It does not do justice to the wonderful spread Sarah put together.

 
It is great when you can eat a tasty meal, have seconds and I my case thirds and do so with a smug feeling born of the knowledge that the food is both healthy and nutritious.   There are certainly challenges with eliminating ingredients but it need not compromise the love of great food.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment