Pages

Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Your Diet Your Choice

Yahoooo.  My first blog comment, thank you Marian.  "PowerUp" and take a look at this great Ted talk on what it takes to start a movement ("Ted Talk: How to Start a Movement")


Now that's out of my system, I am all energized and there is so much to talk about.  Todays topic is on the diet choice I have made and a little bit of why.  Before I get started I am also excited to tell you that I made a Paddle Board decision and I will share the detail in tomorrow's post.

I told you in my introduction post that my weight lost was all due to diet and it is completely true.  Today I live a Paleo Diet lifestyle.  No Wheat or Grain and very limited Dairy and Sugar (I would like to say none but there are times it just cannot be helped) and you can see the result.

No it was not an overnight thing it took me 4 years and a number of set backs to get here, some of them outside of my control and other's either because I slipped back into old habits or I was just not ready to make the commitment.  Desire wins out over knowledge all too often and still there are challenges.

I have no intention of telling you what to eat, how to eat or what choices to make.  What I do want is for you to feel great, look younger and be fit and healthy to do the things you love to do or have always wanted to try through out your life.  The journey starts by choosing to become informed.

I could not have done it or continue without Sarah's support and knowledge which is why I encouraged her to study holistic health coaching.  She is now close to the end of her course and has decided to specialize in Lifestyle Diet Transition for those looking to start the journey to healthy eating either from choice or like me or through necessity due to allergies or conditions.  (BTW whilst she is still studying she is looking to help volunteers for free in return for help structuring her program and building her confidence, I can pass you over if you are interested).

This is one thing that cannot be faked and exercise alone will not get us there.  I know how hard it is and that is why I am here to help.  PowerUp your life and max it out.  I would rather end my days fit and exhausted from all the wonderful people I have met and things I have done that wish I had made different choices.

I hope this has Inspired you a little :0)



6 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the encouragement Matthew. I see your dogs joined in with you. : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. http://www.seattlelifecoachtraining.com

      Here's the life coach training I was telling you about.

      Delete
  3. Hi! I found your blog via Marian. Unlike you and Marian, I am apparently not ready to do, only to wish when it comes to changes I need to make regarding food. I have started going to the gym and am starting slowly with mostly Pilates/yoga type classes. I look forward to reading more. I just cannot imagine giving up all the foods I love best, even though I see what great results you and others are achieving.

    Laurie S.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hear you Laurie and trust me when I say "I have SO been there". There are too bits of advice I would give you given where you are. 1. Don't get disheartened when exercise does not yield the results you are looking for. You are still becoming stronger and that is great. 2. You have to start small. If you do nothing else but take out processed foods and eat home cooked meals that is a start. Read labels and understand what you are putting in your body. Your body is a precious thing and you are worth the best. A trick I used on myself was to think of things as poison by doing this I was able to cut out almost all sweets (except Chocolate - that took longer :0) ). Good luck and let me know if there is anything you would like me to talk about.

      Delete