Pages

Sunday, June 23, 2013

Weekend Summary


Here's a quick summary of the weekend.  I created this blog, wahoo.   I know, I know I hear you say "what's the big deal" well I got started and that is exciting and I feel there is so much to write about and share that I don't know where to start.  So I will start with a quick summary of the weekend's adventures.

Friday:  Sarah took and passed her penultimate Integrative health coach exam with a passing grade of 97%.  I am so proud of her.

Saturday:  Paddle Boarding Demo on Lake Washington.    My wife and I are really excited about the sport.  We had talked about it for a couple of years always passing it over as not for us, but a lesson whilst on vacation changed all that and it could not come at a better time.   I don't know about you but I find going to the gym a necessity rather than a desire.  I would much rather be outside but until now I did not have an activity that helped me build core and upper body strength.  Paddle Boarding fix's that problem, provides a great way to get on the water and spend time with my wife and dogs.  The challenge now is selecting the right paddle board for us.  We have now tried a Jimmy Lewis board, Perfect Wave Board and on Saturday a Hemel board.   Spent last week watching YouTube videos and looking at as many reviews and boards as possible.  We are close to the selection and I will share the decision with you soon.


 
 

Sunday:  I woke up feeling the goodness of Paddle Boarding on Saturday, so it was a slow morning setting up an old pulse meter to allow me to record my pulse rate whilst cycling and doing other exercises.  Pulse meter sorted I got my road bike out and hit an 18 mile loop,  the longest ride I have done for 2 years and it felt great.   My wife and I then spent a great afternoon catching up with friends and sharing my first blogs with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment