Pages

Tuesday, May 24, 2016

Back to the Real World

It was wonderful arriving home yesterday and being met at the airport by my darling wife.  It was strange waking up in the hotel room hours earlier and not getting ready to ride.  The trip to the airport and the flight home was uneventful thankfully.  I was shattered but our first stop was at Microsoft.  Prior to my vacation I had promised to sit on a Hack for Good panel and I had no intention of letting them down.  The panel discussion went really well and I was excited to see the non profit participation.  Sarah and I then took off home to catchup.  Not that I was much good in the catching up department, being dog tired has that effect on you.

One topic of conversation was "What Next?".   It is a great question and I am still working on it.   The priority for now however is recovery and to that end my coach suggested that if I felt up for it, Sarah and I could go for a ride together today.  I told him that surprisingly enough despite feeling tired I was eager to get back out riding.

Today the alarm clock did not go off in the morning, well that's a lie, it did but it did not stay going for very long.  I stayed in bed and it felt good.  Once up we had breakfast and took the dogs for a walk before heading out for almost a 2 hour spin in the valley.  It was an overcast but warmish day and it was wonderful to breath in the green air as we bumbled along.  Well I bumbled along, if you ask Sarah she has a different version and I could not be more proud of how well she rode. 

I spent the evening working on my Tour of California and CTS trip summary, but now it is time to get in some more recovery.

Remember to keep it Rubber Side Down and MaxLifeOut.

No comments:

Post a Comment