Pages

Saturday, July 27, 2013

Active Saturday

 

Up early for a walk with the dogs and then out with Sarah for a great bike ride.  Sarah is really developing her riding skills and she added a few sprints today for good measure.  After the ride we did yoga to stretch out and work the core.  That reminds me, watched a great video on bike fitting this morning and the presenter used too analogies that really hit home.  "We are cement waiting to harden" and "motion is lotion".  It has always seemed unfair that I need to stretch after exercise but injury combined with aging teaches that we have a choice, work on strength & flexibility or set like cement.  I know what I choose.

The ride inspired me to work on my old road bike.  I have been slowly improving the build over the years until I get around to having the frame re-sprayed and re-built with a new group set.  Until then I enjoy tinkering with it and riding it.  The bike is over 20 years old and holds lots of memories since I had it custom built by Chas Roberts in England.  The paint took a punishing when it was shipped to the US, I can't tell you how annoyed I was and since then I have used old or retro equipment to keep mostly period.  Today I added 20 year old 105 brake calipers and a 20 year old Mavic wheel set.  Here she is.


 
John do you recognize the wheels - they still feel like silk after all these years - WOW
 
 

And now for something completely different.  The following picture is for everyone who thinks a primal diet is boring.  This feast was put on a few weeks ago.  It was awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment