Pages

Sunday, July 7, 2013

Rest Saturday SUP Sunday

Saturday was  a rest day, although I can tell you how important rest is to any exercise or training program I myself need to get better at it.  I kept looking a the weather and thinking of all the things I could be doing instead of resting.  Still I stayed true and benefitted from it.

Sunday I met up with new friends Nate and Melissa for a Paddle Board on Lake Union.  Mine is still not ready so we rented them from Urban Surf near Gas Works park.  It was a fair price with easy access to the water.

Nate is keen to participate in local racing and although my mind say's "Yes" I wanted to see how my body would hold up to my longest paddle board so far in week 3 of regular exercise.  The conclusion, I have some work to do and the little voice is screaming "don't rush things Matthew".  It was a great time on the water but I did develop a pain in my right lower back which feels muscle related.  Heat, a massage from my wonderful wife and a few painkillers for good measure and we will see how it settles down.  I am no stranger to back pain and will post about my experiences this week.  In the mean time here are some pictures of the ride - Great time and looking forward to more to come.







No comments:

Post a Comment