Pages

Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Yoga and Me

Yoga, my first impression years ago was why would I need it, not to mention that in the very first class I went to, I was the only man and at the end of the class everyone laid down and blew off.  Seriously messed up was my impression, especially given the fact that back then all I wanted to do was ride my bike fast and other stuff just got in the way.  Cross Training "Hello", but back in my early twenties I didn't care about cross training, I was invincible.  That was a mistake I wish I had not made.  As I have been taught about my body through basically breaking it, the more I have understood how everything is connected and the need and importance of balance.  I have tried Yoga at different times but it was not until I injured my back for the second time that I chose to introduce it as a regular part of life.  I am now using a combination of Yoga and Foundation Training to help work on strength and flexibility both of which are critical for a healthy balanced life not to mention for improving in our chosen sports.

Foundation Training, was pivotal in my back recovery and is the basis of my back strengthening routine today.  I believe in it so much that it has inspired me to signup for their certified instructor training just so that I can understand it at a deeper level.  I am now in the process of reading the material and I will share more about Foundation training in future posts.

Hot Yoga Today (It is important to find a good instructor as done wrong you can hurt yourself)
P.S Don't let your instructor take pictures as the poses last longer and hurt more - Thanks Salima :0)




 

Daisy showing me how to do a "Down Dog" Properly

No comments:

Post a Comment