Pages

Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Recovery Journey Part 10 - The Collar is Off

The exciting news is that today the collar came off, yup no surgery and I could not be happier about the news - wahoo.  If all goes well and I can control the pain and I can sleep at night for the rest of this week I plan on returning to work on Monday and getting life back to normal.

In the doctors office Sarah got the big question in before me, "When can I return to cycling" and the answer was "now".  Yes I know, nothing crazy but it is a start and very exciting.

With the collar off, things feel better already although stiff which is to be expected after the time immobilized, I wish I could say that was an end to it but no one is more surprised than me to still be hurting almost 7 weeks after the crash.  The pain in the shoulders is similar to the pain I have received in the past from a hard full after a couple of days.  It just goes to show how long some injuries take to heal.

My plan in the next couple of days is to see my Physical Therapist and start working actively on a mobility plan, oh and to email my cycling coach and start gentle riding on the indoor trainer.




I am so grateful and lucky, we take chances sometimes not knowing the consequences of our actions, well as I found out the hard way sometimes the consequences are high and can always be worse. 


No comments:

Post a Comment