Pages

Monday, October 27, 2014

Recovery Journey Part 20 - Back to Work

I will be honest I was concerned going to bed last night given my experiences to date and especially after feeling so crappy yesterday.  It seemed the odds were stacked against me as I had to wait to take the pain killers which meant getting to sleep later than I wanted.  Well the pain killers kicked in and to my surprise I got to sleep and only woke once in the night.  Now I am not saying I woke up feeling fresh, actually fresh is not even close to how I felt.  The pain killers had worn off and it felt like I had been in a bedroom brawl and not the good type.  Still I had more hours than expected and a soak in hot water loosened things off so all in all not the worst start to the day.  A text to my dentist landed an emergency appointment for lunch time to have another go at my teeth.

Body functioning and dental plans made it was time to get to work and let the games begin.  Well there was a little delay to the games beginning since I had not powered up my work laptop for a while there were a few updates and an expired password to sort out.  Ok now the games could begin or maybe not.  Oh boy, after a few minutes my inbox loaded and a few thousand emails stared back at me with open hostility.  It has been a day of sorting through the inbox and clearing out the spam and irrelevant mail with the ability to respond to far fewer than I would have liked.  There really are times when select all and delete would be a magic thing to do just not today.

After a day of sitting at the desk and deleting mail I am now need to do my exercises and I really don't feel like doing them but I know I will get into it once I start.  Oh, on the Teeth front more bite adjustment seems to have helped and so far today I have not needed pain killers.  The real test will be later this evening after dinner.

Ah yes dinner, that is the unfolding drama in the house hold.  After waiting 3 weeks for the dishwasher repair man to arrive things did not go smoothly.  Thankfully Sarah was a star and sorted it all out but I could feel the frustration rolling off of her starting with repeated calls to let her know he would be late and then fumbling the repair, no conclusive answers, an order for parts he does not know will fix the problem and another visit needed weeks out.  I think Sarah was awesome dealing with it and keeping her cool.

Ok I really do have to exercise :0)

No comments:

Post a Comment