Pages

Saturday, October 25, 2014

Recovery Journey Part 18 - 9 weeks and Getting Ready to Return to Work

9 weeks seems both an age and like yesterday and now it is time to start to get life back to some form of normality, well as normal as you can be expected with treatment appointment set up almost daily. 

Honestly I was kind of hoping that the last week before returning to work would see me dealing with less intense pain and if not for my teeth a jaw that might have been more the case as the pain in the shoulders has travelled around to the upper back and is now very much like the pain you get after a very intense workout the day after the day you did the workout, if you know what I mean.  The muscles are extremely tight but with all the massage, PT, acupuncture and daily exercises the movement in my neck and head is improving although looking behind me in the car sucks a little.

The bummer has been my teeth, they just don't want to let up and give me a break with almost constant throbbing unless I take painkillers.  Oh and then there is sleeping, I get to wake up approximately 4 hours after getting to bed with aching in the back and shoulders that makes for a restless rest of the night.

Still compared to 2 weeks ago it is a night and day improvement and the successes have been many.  I have been able to start riding on the trainer and I am now up to a 25 minute spin on the bike, can hold a plank for 40 seconds and today was able to hike with Sarah and the girls for an hour.

This week I have tried to prepare myself for the return to work by adjusting sleep patterns and an increase in activity to a full day.  Whilst I am excited and looking forward to getting back to work I am also aware that there is a change of pace coming that my mind might think it can deal with but my body might have something else to say about.  I am resolved to cross that bridge as it comes and be sure to listen to my body.

No comments:

Post a Comment