Pages

Thursday, October 9, 2014

Recovery Journey Part 12 - Getting the Needle

Yup, for sure it hurts more today than yesterday but on the upside I was able to sleep some last night and we managed to move back into the bedroom.  Until last night I had been sleeping on the Sofa as the side of the sofa added an element of support that I could not get in bed.  Sleep came in 1to 2 hour bursts at which point the pain woke me up and I had to move.  Getting up was the worst as everything hurt and it took a hot shower and a good hour to before everything was stable.  Sarah has been working hard at cleaning out our hot tub which we think will help out a lot in the mornings.

Having spoken to my PT, my friend Eric Goodman and my naturopath (doctor Geoff Lecovin) the job I have now is to get the deep muscles in the neck working and I am sighed up for whatever it takes to get there.

Geoff gave me acupuncture and a deep tissue massage and the result has been increased side to side movement.  Eric has given me the task of getting in touch with the muscles in my neck by using a light book balanced on my head to force the deep muscles to work and for me to listen to my body and understand what needs attention.  On the listening to my body front I have also started with very basic FT (Foundation Training) exercises along with the PT prescribed head movements.

Tomorrow I have another visit with the PT and next week I have follow up visits with both Geoff and PT, so lots of work to do.  I decided not to get on the bike today and will target either tomorrow or Saturday as my first ride on the trainer.

On another note a friend stopped by with a home made chicken curry that I am looking forward to tucking into.  With the change in our diet we have not had a good curry so we are very excited to try it out.

Here are some pictures of me under the needle today.  Man that is a scary hairy back.

 


Tomorrow session 2 at PT.

No comments:

Post a Comment