Pages

Wednesday, October 1, 2014

First Steampunk Gun

Inspired by images I saw online and needing something to occupy myself whilst recovering, I finally finished my first Steampunk gun.  It was fun to make and was something I could pick up and put down many, many times.

What the Gun Looked Like Before:




And After

 







For those of you interested here are the materials I used to create the gun

1 x Nerf Gun (your choice) this one was a Maveric Rev.6
Rub 'n' Buff for the aged paint and paint effect
Acrylic paints as needed, I used brown, blue metallic, silver and black
E6000 glue, it is the first time I have used it and it is a lot stronger than a glue gun.  I like the bits I put on to stay on, with a glue gun there is a tendency for things to get knocked off.
For the tubing I used copper wire and an assortment of odds and ends I had knocking around.
Bag of cogs that I picked up from Amazon.

I made the stand out of a odd bit of myrtle wood and hardware in my odds and ends box.

No comments:

Post a Comment