Pages

Thursday, October 2, 2014

Recovery Journey Part 7 - 6 Weeks Today

Six weeks ago today I was in the ICU after crashing around 12pm.  6 weeks seems so long ago and yet it seems like yesterday as well.   What is disappointing is the fact that it still hurts and I am still not sleeping well.  I do have good days and 2 days ago I even lowered my pain meds as an experiment.  I was a little premature.  The TMJ in my jaw brought on by the collar is driving me mad.  The bite adjustment at the dentist seems to have reduced the problem but has not solved the problem.  Last night I got to sleep at 5am and could not sleep past 10am this morning.

Counting the days now until I get assessed and with luck the collar will be removed and I can start Physical Therapy and exercise.

Now that I am fit enough to travel around a bit I plan on having Sarah take me to the bike shop to drop off my mountain bike and have them look at it to make sure there are no problems with it resulting from the crash.  It looks ok but with Carbon it is always best to have a expert look it over.

Here's to a better night sleep tonight and baby steps to full recovery.

No comments:

Post a Comment