Pages

Sunday, October 5, 2014

Recovery Journey Part 9 - Weekend Summary

In the words of he famous Monty Python song "All Ways Look On The Bright Side of Life", so with those words in mind the weekend has been good.  I have been able to get some sleep and today after a walk with the dogs in the sun I was able to get a couple of hours sleep in the afternoon.  I know things are improving but it is slow and the constant pains and head aches are wearing.  The TMJ issue is a real pain in the ear "pun intended".  I am hopeful that it will clear when the collar is removed.

The last couple of hours have been a little stressful as Sarah picked up the post and found a letter from our insurance company stating my return to work as tomorrow despite Sarah having spoken to them twice and sent in a doctors letter.  Frustratingly we have to wait until tomorrow to sort it out and the most annoying thing is how the letter has hijacked us and made us feel.  I am so grateful that I have Sarah sorting out the doctors and insurance as it is a lot of work made harder by careless administrative mistakes by providers.

I love the fact that we received the letter in the post this weekend and it states that a weeks notice is required to extend the disability leave and if a week is not given I will not receive cover.  I am now wondering where our time machine is so that we can get back the week they never gave us.

Ok now that is out of my system, looking on the bright side the pain is less tonight than it was a week ago, we will be able to sort out the insurance mess tomorrow, I am getting more sleep than a few days ago, I have a wonderful wife supporting my recovery and both our dogs will bestow doggie loving on me tonight especially if there is a treat available.

I hope you had a great weekend and you are living on the "Bright Side of Life"



No comments:

Post a Comment